Thursday, December 2, 2010

27-30 November

Because we had had a late night on Friday and everyone was really tired we all slept in late on the Saturday. When everyone had gathered and eaten we went to a place called Adventure Landing, which has a water park in the summer, an arcade, mini golf, laser tag and alligators. While we were waiting for Jacob to arrive with their friend Brian I decided that it'd be fun to feed the baby gators. Turns out that they were in a really lazy mood so that was a let down... Not to mention the broom handle, cord and bobby pin we had to use to feed them. We spent most of our time in the arcade, with the boys mainly playing shooting games. Courtney, Amber and I found this basketball game we were good at so spent most of our time playing that. We also played other standard arcade games, with Amber playing against me on one of those dance games. I'd never been on one before and learnt that you need to tie your shoe laces up properly! One of my shoe laces came undone so while I was trying to dance I had to flick my shoe off and dance in my sock. Needless to say I got some strange looks! After we'd used all of our tokens in the arcade we played laser tag. It was an all for one type game in a room that felt like a multi-leveled maze.

When we got home the bonfire was nearly in full swing so we settled down on deck chairs and cooked wieners (frankfurters) and smores. After everyone had eaten Jacob and another friend of theirs called Bryan got out their guitar and drum and sung some worship songs. It was pretty amazing being out under the stairs, in front of a bonfire singing worship songs. As people started to leave Amber, Courtney and I snuck into Jacob's room (the one I'm sleeping in) and watched Extreme Days before heading to their hotel room and staying up talking then crashing.

Sunday we woke up early and checked out then went back to the house. We mainly sat round watching TV and playing PS2 until we met up with Katie (a friend) at a local mall. Katie, Amber and I fun going to different clothing stores and trying on funny hats etc while Courtney, Bethany and the boys went exploring. It was there that I tried a Reeces sundae, and Logan tried pink lemonade, for the first time. Sadly it soon became time to take the girls to the airport and say goodbye to them. Things got really quiet once they left and everyone missed them. After that Jacob dropped me home (where I slept for 15 hours!) while him and Logan met up with some other friends.

Monday and Tuesday we pretty much just blobbed because we were all so tired from having a previously busy week. Nathan turned 20 on Tuesday and Jacob gave him a new PS2 game so the boys were entertained with that while I watched TV in Jacobs bedroom and sorted out my stuff because it was getting messy and crowded having three peoples gear in a bedroom that didn't have much floor space to start with! Logan and I went for a walk round the neighborhood on Tuesday and then joined Jacob for a trip to what we'd call a dairy. It was there that he brought some boiled peanuts for Logan and I to try. They're literally peanuts in their shells that have been boiled in salted water. Logan and I weren't keen to try them but since they're a Southern thing we decided we may as well. Lets just say that they were very salty and very mushy... Logan and I discovered lots of different chocolate bars, ice creams etc that we hadn't tried so we got a selection. Those coupled with the chocolate frappe that I got from Starbucks meant that it was a much needed chocolate overload!

Not long after we arrived home after our wee trip Nathan, Suzie and Talisha arrived. While dinner finished cooking we watched a movie, and then had a rich black forest cake for desert. Nathan, Jacob and Suzie all wanted to go to this fancy arcade so we all went after dinner. Man was it fancy! It was literally like a casino but for teenagers. You put how ever many token on a swipe card and away we went. Because Logan and I shared a card and he was better at those kind of games than I was he used up our tokens. While we were waiting for the others to use theirs I got about 10 free games and over 60 free tokens from people who hadn't paid attention and had just walked away from their games.

1 comment:

  1. Hey
    Its awesome reading what your up to! Glad that you are enjoying it so much aye :) xoxo

    ReplyDelete