Sunday, December 5, 2010

1-4 December

Wednesday, Thursday and Friday Logan and I went to local malls and went shopping. Places still had sales from Thanksgiving so we got some good deals. I was really happy to get 3 pairs of Levi's for the price of 1 in New Zealand! We didn't buy a lot but it was great just spending some time together. Thursday afternoon Susan (Mrs. Lunsford/Mum) took me to a place called Books-A-Million and man was it AWESOME! They had so many books, many of which are hard to find back home or are just plain expensive. Logan and I have decided that we are going to go just before we leave and we know how much weight we have spare. That place is like a book lovers paradise! Friday night Logan and I went to the movies with Katie and I enjoyed a Reeses sundae! Yum! Apart from that we just sat round reading, watching TV and hanging out with people.

On Saturday we slept in and then went to a Chicago pizza place for lunch. When Nathan gave me a piece of the pizza I had a string of cheese about 50cm long! The pizza was delicious but sadly it made me feel really sick when we got home. Because of that we didn't head to St Augustine until later. On the way we went to this crazy restaurant which had stuffed animals (some real and some fake) of all kinds like bears, big cats, birds, African animals, monkeys etc etc around the place and was literally in a swamp. Kind of creped me out... Lots! At dinner we had fried gator tails. They tasted like.... gator? They had a weird texture, got really chewy in the middle. After dinner we walked around St Augustine looking at all the lights in the trees and on the buildings etc. It was really pretty and kinda romantic. When we got ice cream I got this one with peanut butter in it and it was literally frozen! Isn't it funny how the small things stand out?

No comments:

Post a Comment