On Monday we drove to Orlando and on the way went to the Kennedy Space Centre. It was pretty rad seeing all the different rockets and how they have changed over time. Had fun watching the boys climb in and out of the pods, trying to push the buttons and things. We went on a simulator that basically showed what it is like when a rocket took off. We also played these loading and docking games on computers in the children's area; who's too old for computer games? Not these boys! Hehe. After the Space Centre we went to the Astronaut Hall of Fame where there was a whole lot of hands on games and displays teaching people about space. We then left and traveled to where we were staying in Orlando. For dinner we went to Golden Corral which is like a massive buffet with all sorts of different food, way better than any in New Zealand. Loved the free refills! After dinner we then went home and watched Community (which I now love) and went to bed. Gave the guys a nice fright in the night by screaming more than once!
Tuesday, we went to DisneyWorld (about lunch time because the boys wouldn't get out of bed!). Because it was Thanksgiving week the lines were longer than normal so we didn't go on many rides. Space Mountain was my favourite! So many twists and turns in the dark, and I only screamed once! We also went on a Stitch ride and a Buzz Lightyear one. We watched the Dream Come True parade and explored the castle. Because I didn't get to see Ariel at DisneyLand I wanted to see her here. I waited an hour in line and when I was about 7 people from the front they said she needed to take a 15 minute break. Because we had to get to Cirque du Soleil I couldn't wait... So gutted! Nathan and Jacob dropped us off at Cirque du Soleil where we saw La Nouba. It was AMAZING! Acrabats, jugglers, tightrope walkers, trampalinests, bikers etc etc. We sat in awe, so good! It was there we had our first giant pretzel. It was good though very salty! When we got home we had pizza and watched Toy Story 3. Here is the link to La Nouba: http://www.cirquedusoleil.com/en/shows/lanouba/default.aspx
Wednesday morning we woke up about half an hour before check out so it was a rushed morning but we got away on time. We traveled to Tampa where we were meant to meet up with Mel but unfortunately she got stuck at work on her day off. We decided that we'd go and see Tangled at the movies but unfortunately Nathan and I got seperated from Logan and Jacob and lost so we didn't catch the movie in time. So while they were in the movie we wandered around the mall chatting. It's a good way to get to know someone more. When they came out of the movie we took a trip to Walgreens to fill in more time. A guy who works there laughed at me because I got excited over Milk duds. Jacob, Logan and I then went to a hockey game. The Tampa Bay Lightning played the New York Rangers and won! It was a close and exciting game... Love watching ice hockey! After the game we watched MC Hammer perform live (!) and then grabbed Wendy's and headed home. We got home about 2am and crashed.
Had a great few days!
No comments:
Post a Comment